1. Juice of 1 lime
2. 1 1/2 teaspoons raw cane sugar
(I chose this because it's got a bit
more molasses-ey flavor)
3. A couple fresh mint leaves
4. 1 1 1/2 c water or sparkling water
1. Roll limes against counter, then squeeze juice into cup (this releases the juices to make it easier to juice-just a trick I learned from a friend whose dad used to be a bartender!)
2. Add sugar to lime juice
3. Rub mint leaves between fingers (again, to extract some more mint flavor-more flavorful limeade!)
4. Add water/sparkling water
5. Add ice (this is the most important step! It seems to bring out the flavor of the ingredients & it's much more refreshing)
The limeade is shaken in mason jars at the glorious limeade stand, feel free to shake all ingredients together to help dissolve the sugar & extract more mint flavor!
For those of you who have been to the SLC farmers market & tried the limeade there-how does this compare?